- As the Drudge Report is to news so The Poached Egg is to Apologetics
- He does all the hard work for me. That is, Greg searches the internet for great blogs and articles and then reposts them on his site.
- It introduces me to different apologists I have never heard about before. There are many many many people out there doing apologetics. Sometimes we just want to turn to the famous ones. What I have found is that some of the best articles are by the hungry up and comers.
- He saves me a lot of time. I can scroll through his twitter feed and look for something I am interested in at the moment. I am sure that after a few minutes of scrolling I will be able to find some type of article pertaining to the topic I want to research
- The site challenges me to examine my beliefs. Greg is always posting new articles he has found. These articles are from a lot of different perspectives. This gives me a great opportunity to study from those who might differ from me in some areas. Doesn't the Bible say that iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another?
- He challenges me to be a better apologists and blogger. Greg has reposted some of my articles in the past. Whenever this happens I am immediately thrilled but also scared. I'm scared because I think about how unworthy I am to be reposted on The Poached Egg. So every time I post an article I try to make it worthy of a repost. If it isn't reposted that is fine. At least I have a decent article. If he does repost it then I am sure to get traffic to my site and traffic means comments and comments mean criticisms and criticisms mean I can get better.
So go check out the website sometime soon and follow him on Twitter. I promise you won't regret it.